POLITICAL & ACADEMIC
I am a Political Scientist with a PhD in Political Science & Criminology from Loughborough University and a Masters Degree in Modern British Politics from the University of Hull.
I studied under the renown academic and Conservative Peer, Professor the Lord Norton of Louth and I was mentored by the former Labour Home Secretary The Rt Hon Charles Clarke. I was encouraged and mentored by the pollster and political strategist, the late Philip Gould, Baron Gould of Brookwood.
- Former member of the Strategic Research Board (SRB) of the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) Social Justice
- Former Advisory Council member of the Hansard Society
- Former CEO of ROTA
PRIVACY & DIGITAL IDENTITY
I am a privacy Subject Matter Expert (SME) currently supporting HMRC on privacy and enterprise risk.
I have worked across the energy, health, media, financial services and governmental sectors for companies like HMRC, Royal Dutch Shell, LMCU, Corella/Xoserve, Babylon Health, MyTime Active, BBC, Informa Media PLC, Post Office, Cabinet Office, Royal College of Obstetrician Gynaecologists (RCOG) etc..
- Former privacy adviser to the Cabinet Office, Government Digital Service (GDS) on GOV.UK Verify.
- Former Head of Identity services at Post Office Ltd where I led large service delivery in identity verification services.
- Former Special Adviser to the Metropolitan Police Authority (MPA) on lay visiting, detention & custody.
- MOPAC Academic Advisory Group member on the Mayor’s 2022 Police and Crime Plan (PCP).
- Peer reviewed author on Policing and Accountability: The Working of Police Authorities
- Author of Police Reform and Political Accountability in the England & Wales and the USA from (1607- 2016)